Word of Faith teachings about Divine Healing:
Those who are familiar with the word of faith movement and especially
those who are/were in the WoF have heard/read one or many of the
following from various Word of Faith teachers. Because various Word of
Faith teachers have different styles of presentation and use many
variants of the same subject, their teachings about Divine Healing can
be paraphrased like:
A. Lack of Faith Accusations:
1. You are sick because you do NOT have faith (this is very popular and often used in WoF circles)
2. You are sick because you do of NOT having ENOUGH faith (or you
have insufficient faith) (this is a variant of the first point)
3 “Accept Jesus as your Lord and HEALER” in order to get healed! (This sounds like anyone can get healed ON DEMAND)
4. You are sick because you have not accepted Jesus as your Lord and
HEALER”; people accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior and get saved,
likewise why don’t you accept Jesus as your Lord and HEALER and get
healed? It is your fault for not accepting Jesus as your healer.
5. “Receive your healing by putting your faith in Jesus!” (It is your fault if you don’t receive it!)
6. You must have faith in your heart and not in your mind (or brain, intellect).
B. Following Your Feelings Accusations:
7. Don’t wait for manifestations and come and give your testimony even if you don’t feel anything.
8. Healing is not by feeling, healing is by facts, the written word
says you have been healed by His stripes. Tell me whose report you
believe. We have to believe in the report of the Lord and not what your
9. Follow the Word way but not the “world way”. “Word way” is
confessing that your are healed even when your body does not say so.
However the “world way” is, you need to experience something in your
body and then testify.
10. Follow the “revelation knowledge” and not the “sense
knowledge”. Revelation knowledge is God’s will has been revealed in His
word that you must be healed and it says in past perfect tense that you
HAVE BEEN healed. That is revelation knowledge. When you feel sickness
in your body that is only a symptom. Don’t give life to the symptoms
by uttering a negative confession.
10. Walk by faith and not by sight. Have faith in God’s healing
promises from His word. Don’t believe what you see in your body.
11. Walk by faith and not by feeling. Have faith in God’s healing
promises from His word. Don’t believe in what your body feels.
Feelings will change, you have little pain sometimes and more pain some
other times but the fact of the matter that you have been healed by His
12. Do you believe in the written word or your symptoms in the body?
13. Faith is greater than your feelings. Therefore don’t wait for manifestations but walk by faith!
14. Don’t change the triple-F order. When you expect
manifestations, electric shock sort of things and heat in the body you
become a feeling follower. Faith 1st, Fact Next, Feelings
Last, you should not change this order and this is very important for
the Christian life. Therefore put your faith in the word of God and
that is the fact, that fact was established 2000 years at Calvary: by
His stripes we are healed, so believe it and boldly confess your mouth
that you have been healed. They you maintain the Triple-F sequence in
the correct order. But if you expect to feel something in your body like
manifestation, heat passing through, electricity passing through or
shaking then you put your feelings first, then put faith in your
feelings and establish it as a fact, wrong wrong wrong. Then you
establish the new order like Feelings 1st, Faith next and Fact next.
15. Pray for healing ONLY ONCE because the prayer of faith is prayed
only once. Then walk by faith and confess with your mouth that you have
been healed. If you pray again for healing you negate your prayer that
you have prayed first.
16. Truth is objective and NOT subjective. Therefore do not
establish the truth by subjective experiences like outward
manifestaions, heat, fire or electicity flowing thorough your body.
17. We must not preach our experience but what the word says!
18. The word is the evidence that the Lord has healed you and not your feelings.
I am not against Divine Healing and I strongly believe that Jesus
heals sick people today but cutting-loose accusations like the above
mentioned, against sick people is nothing but applying guilt, fear and
condemnation against them. This is what is called as “bull in a China
shop” behavior and spewing out charges like this will not help people.
Many people have been hurt and turned off by the excesses of the Word of
Faith preachers. An average sick person who seeks Divine healing does
not expect these barrage of accusation from the mouth of a faith
healer. When WoF preachers launch the salvo of accusations like
mentioned above, people are offended and return home with guilt, shame
Christians beware!!! Jesus Loves You! Nothing wrong in coming to
Jesus with expectations and Faith but do not condemn yourselves if you
are not healed.
When you receive divine healing, it comes with a corresponding
acknowledgement by the Holy Spirit either an outward manifestation, heat
passing through the body, a supernatural fire going though your body or
something subjective. If you experience any of these, it is time to
ACT. Confess with your mouth and give thanks to the Lord for healing
you. However if you “step out” in faith when you have not experienced
anything you have fallen victim to a spirtless logic and you are
deceiving yourself and bringing dishonor to the name of the Lord!
Jesus is still the healer and He is still the miracle worker.