Saturday, August 11, 2012

PSALM 23


The Lord is my Shepherd
...THAT'S RELATIONSHIP!

I shall not want
...THAT'S SUPPLY!

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures
...THAT'S REST!

He leadeth me beside still waters
...THAT'S REFRESHMENT!

He restoreth my soul
...THAT'S HEALING!

He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness
...THAT'S GUIDANCE!

For His name sake
...THAT'S PURPOSE!

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
...THAT'S CHALLENGE!

I will fear no evil
...THAT'S ASSURANCE!

For thou art with me
...THAT'S FAITHFULNESS!

Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me
...THAT'S SHELTER!

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies
...THAT'S HOPE!

Thou anointest my head with oil
...THAT'S CONSECRATION!

My cup runneth over
...THAT'S ABUNDANCE!

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
...THAT'S BLESSING!

And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
...THAT'S SECURITY!

Forever
...THAT'S ETERNITY!

            



            

The 23rd Psalm (For the Work Place)

The Lord is my real Boss, and I shall not want.
He gives me peace, when chaos is all around me.
He gently reminds me to pray before I speak and
to do all things without murmuring and complaining.

He reminds me that He is my Source and not my job.
He restores my sanity every day and guides my decisions
that I might honor Him in everything I do.

Even though I face absurd amounts of e-mails, system crashes,
unrealistic deadlines, budget cutbacks, gossiping co-workers,
discriminating supervisors, and an aging body that doesn't
cooperate every morning I will not stop-for He is with me!

His presence, His peace and His power will see me through.
He raises me up, even when they fail to promote me.
He claims me as His own,
Even when the company threatens to let me go.
His faithfulness and love are better than any bonus check
and His retirement plan beats every 401K there is!

When it's all said and done,
I'll be working for Him a whole lot longer
and for that, I bless His Name.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment